Barry and his wife Kim are long-term residents of Mableton with 20+ years in the community. He is a graduate of Auburn University and has recently retired from a 40-year corporate career in sales management, demonstrating stability. Barry has been the Keep Cobb Beautiful board appointee for seven years, organizing weekly litter clean-ups and community recycling efforts. Under his leadership, litter has been reduced by half. He is a Lions Club member with eight years service and has served as the Zone Chairman for the past two years, focusing on vision, environmental issues, diabetes awareness, aiding childhood cancer patients, and hunger relief. Barry volunteers weekly with Sweetwater Mission providing food to neighbors in need and is a deacon at the First Christian Church of Mableton.
- Attract young professionals and desirable businesses to the City of Mableton
- Continue to work hard to keep the City of Mableton as litter free as possible, increase recycling opportunities and beautify the area.
- Keep taxation minimal
- Endorsed as the District 3 candidate by the deannex movement
- Use our city resources to build the best City of Mableton possible through zoning, code enforcement, parks, and waste management.
- “All In” award recipient recognized by Commissioner Chairwoman Lisa Cupid (2022)
- Sweetwater Mission “Volunteer of the Year” (2021)
- South Cobb Lions Club earned the Georgia
State Convention “Environmental Club
of the Year” (2020-2021)
- Keep Cobb Beautiful “Volunteer of the Year” (2019)
- Keep Georgia Beautiful “Man of the Year” (2017)
- The South Cobb Lions Club were selected by Keep America Beautiful for the 2016 National Community Improvement Award